Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Pearl onions with a caramel and olive oil glaze and a hint of rosemary. A wonderful little side dish.
- 10oz / 300g peeled (raw) pearl onions
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp white wine
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- pinch of dried rosemary
- Heat oil, sugar and rosemary in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir frequently until the sugar is nicely browned (light coffee color).
- Add pearl onions and stir until well coated.
- Add white wine and a generous amount of ground black pepper (to taste). Cover, reduce heat and cook until the onions are soft and almost done.
- Take off lid and boil off remaining liquid.
Bookmark/Search this post with