Printer-friendly versionPDF version
A nice little recipe: Cubes of red beets cooked and caramelized in their own juices. Caramelized beets make a nice side dish for many kinds of meets. Sprinkled with a little Balsamic vinegar they are also good as a little starter or snack.
To prepare this dish, you will need a non-stick sauté pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- 3 roots of red beets, stems cut off at the top of the root
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¼-½ tsp salt (to taste)
- Peel beets and cut in ½ inch / 1cm cubes.
- Set non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat and melt the butter.
- Add beets and salt. Cover.
- Reduce heat. Cook covered until beets are tender (ca. 20 minutes). Stir occasionally. Adjust heat as necessary to avoid scorching.
- Remove cover, finish over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until all juices have evaporated and the beet cubes start to turn crunchy on the outside.
Bookmark/Search this post with