Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Grilled tomatoes are great as an appetizer, a nice vegetable side dish or just as a standalone dinner with bread and cheese.
In this recipe, the tomatoes are topped with garlic, olive oil, herbs, butter and feta cheese and broiled.
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sage
- ¼ tsp oregano
- freshly ground black pepper
- feta cheese
- Cut tomatoes in half. Cut off a bit from both ends so that they don't tip over. Place on a buttered oven-proof pan or plate, large cut surface facing up.
- Combine garlic and salt in a mortar and grind into a smooth puree. Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Top tomatoes with garlic puree. Sprinkle with herbs and pepper. Put a small piece of butter on top of each tomato half. Top with a slice of feta cheese.
- Broil under medium heat until the tomatoes start to soften, ca. 10-15 minutes. If the feta hasn't browned by then, finish under high heat until the cheese turns golden brown.
Preparation time ca. 30-45 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with