Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Caramelized onion rings are a nice garnish for many dishes, including mashed potatoes, potato salad and steaks
- 2 medium onions or 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup / 60ml vegetable oil (I like olive oil)
- Peel onion(s). Slice into fine rings. Keep thickness of rings as uniform as possible.
- In heavy pan heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add onion rings. Cook, stirring frequently but carefully until the rings start to brown
- Reduce heat. Continue to cook and stir until coffee-colored.
- Remove from pan and blot dry with paper towels
Preparation time: ca. 30 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with