Printer-friendly versionPDF version
A very simple but delicious dinner: Turkey breast tenders served with a Madeira sauce and pink peppercorns.
The pink peppercorns (actually Baies Rose berries) add an interesting fragrance to the mild flavor of the turkey.
- 4 turkey breast tenders, 5oz / 150g each
- 3-4 tbsp flour
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup / 250ml Madeira
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns (dried)
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ cup / 60ml heavy cream
- chopped onion greens as garnish
- Rinse the turkey breast tenders. Blot dry. Season with freshly ground pepper. Dredge in flour until thinly coated from all sides.
- Set heavy pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Cook the meat from both sides until golden brown, ca. 3-4 minutes per side. Remove from pan, set aside
- Cook the onion until soft and translucent. Add carrot, celery, garlic and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add Madeira and salt. Return the turkey breast tenders to the pan. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the meat is fully cooked, ca. 10-15 minutes
- Remove meat from pan. Puree the vegetables with a stick blender, then push the sauce through a fine mesh strainer.
- Return the strained sauce to the pan. Add the pink peppercorns, bring to a simmer, and cook for a few minutes until the peppercorns are soft.
- Stir in the cream. Adjust seasoning with salt.
- Serve the meat with the sauce, garnish with the chopped onion greens.
Serve with pasta and a vegetable
Yields 4 servings
Preparation time ca. 45-60 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with