Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Sliced turkey breast, white wine, lemon juice, chicken stock, onion, garlic, capers and parsley. This turkey breast piccata is easy to prepare and tastes great.
Since this time I didn't have fresh parsley, I used cilantro instead. I liked it, the cilantro added an interesting and slightly exotic note to the dish.
- 1 lb / 450g turkey breast cutlets (turkey breast slices)
- flour to dregdge the cutlets (ca. ½ cup)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup / 250ml white wine
- 1 cup / 250ml chicken stock
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped (alternatively, use cilantro for a refreshingly interesting flavor)
- 4 thin lemon slices as garnish
- Pound the turkey breast cutlets with a mallet. Then dredge in flour, shake off excess flour, set aside.
- Set heavy pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and chopped onions. Cook until the onions are soft and translucent (a few minutes). Do not brown.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute or two. Completely remove onion and garlic from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to pan. Cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned. Cook turkey breast cutlets on both sides until lightly browned, no more than 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from pan, set aside.
- Return onions and garlic to pan, add white wine, chicken stock, pepper, lemon juice and capers.
- Reduce over medium heat until ca. 1/3 of the liquid is left.
- Add salt to taste. Return meat to pan and cook for a few minutes until the sauce has thickened
- Stir in chopped parsley (or cilantro). Garnish with lemon slices. Serve.
Preparation time ca. 45-60 minutes
Yields 4 servings
Bookmark/Search this post with