Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Another fast and simple recipe. Completely determined by what I could find in the fridge. Pasta casserole with broccoli, bell pepper, anchovies and sour cream.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¾ lb / 350g broccoli crowns
- 2 cans (2 oz / 56g each) anchovies in oil
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup / 125ml white wine
- ½ cup / 125ml sour cream
- ½ lb / 200g mixed cheeses, grated (In the photo I used sharp cheddar, feta and mozzarella)
- 1 lb / 500g dried pasta
- pepper to taste
- chives, fresh or dried as garnish
- Cook the pasta, drain, set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, set large heavy oven-proof pan over medium-high heat
- Add olive oil and onions, cook until onions are soft and translucent,
- Add garlic, cook for another minute. Add diced bell peppers, cook for another minute.
- Add anchovies, broccoli and white wine.
Cover and cook until broccoli is almost done (to taste).
- Reduce heat, remove lid, stir in sour cream, cook until most liquid has evaporated.
Adjust seasoning with pepper (you probably won't need salt since the anchovies are usually very salty).
- Add pasta, toss well.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Broil until cheese has melted and starts to brown
- Sprinkle with chives. Serve
Yields 4-6 servings
Preparation time ca. 45 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with