Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Easy to prepare and very tasty: Breaded and deep-fried Feta cheese served with a cranberry-ginger topping. The only trick is to make sure that the cheese is covered well with breading.
- 2 blocks of Feta cheese (½ lb / 225g each)
- ca. 1½ cups / 150g bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 12 oz / 350g fresh cranberries
- 2 oz / 60g fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thin slices
- ½ cup / 100g sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup / 125ml port
- ½ cup / 125ml water
- zest of 1 orange
- parsley as garnish
- Lightly whisk the eggs
- Cut the Feta chese into ½ in / ca. 1cm thick slices
- Bread the cheese slices by first covering them with egg and then dredging them in the breadcrumbs. Repeat 1-2 times until the cheese is well covered with breading. Set aside.
- Set heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sugar and cook until lightly browned.
- Add sliced ginger. Cook until it starts to soften.
- Add cranberries and salt, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and port wine. Cover and cook until the cranberry sauce is thick and smooth. Reduce heat after a few minutes.
- If the sauce is getting too thick, add a bit of water
- Deep-fry the feta cheese pieces until golden brown.
- Serve the deep-fried breaded feta topped with cranberry sauce and fresh parsley
Yields 4 servings
Preparation time ca. 45 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with