Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Lamb chops served with a spicy jam made from cranberries, chili peppers, garlic, ginger and rosemary. If you like spicy and interesting food, this recipe is for you.
- 8 lamb chops
- 6 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ lb / ca. 250g fresh cranberries
- 2 oz / 60g fresh ginger, chopped
- 1-2 hot chili peppers (with seeds), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp rosemary
- 1 cup port wine
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- Set heavy pan over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar, cook until caramelized and browned.
- Add ginger, chili peppers, garlic, rosemary and salt. Reduce heat. Cook until ginger has softened.
- Add cranberries and port wine. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the jam is thick and smooth.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Season lamb chops with freshly ground black pepper.
- Set frying pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil. Fry lamb chops from both sides until done, ca. 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove lamb chops from pan and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve lamb chops topped with the jam
Serving suggestions: Serve with pan-fried potatoes and a vegetable like brussel sprouts or steamed asparagus and a few leaves of watercress.
Yields 4 servings
Preparation time ca. 45 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with