Printer-friendly versionPDF version
A very simple dish, almost too simple to even write a recipe. Goes well with vegetables and pan-fried potatoes.
- 1 stick / 100g butter at room temperature
- handful of basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 lamb chops
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
- Combine butter, chopped basil leaves, lemon juice and salt. Mix well.
- Wrap butter in plastic foil and roll into a ~1in / ~3cm cylinder. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or refrigerate for a few hours, then cut into slices.
- Set heavy pan over high heat. Add vegetable oil. Cook lamb chops 2-3 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve with the basil butter.
Preparation time 15min (plus time to refrigerate butter)
Yields 4 servings, 2 lamb chops per serving
Bookmark/Search this post with