Printer-friendly versionPDF version
For our wedding anniversary: Lamb chops, topped with watercress wilted in a balsamic-and-garlic syrup and rosemary pan-fried potatoes.
- 6 lamb chops
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup / 180ml balsamic vinegar
- pinch of salt
- large bunch of watercress
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Set heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sugar, melt, cook until sugar is light brown.
- Have vinegar ready. Add garlic to pan. Cook for a few seconds, then immediately add vinegar.
- Add pinch of salt. Reduce heat. Cook over low heat until the liquid turns syrupy. Set heat to very low.
- Season lamb chops with freshly ground pepper.
- Set frying pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil. Cook lamb chops from both sides until done, no more than 2-3 minutes per side for medium-rate. Remove lamb chops from pan, season with salt, keep warm.
- When you turn the lamb chops, add watercress to the balsamic syrup. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, stir well and cook for a few minutes.
- Serve lamb chops on heated plates, top with the wilted watercress and some of the sauce.
Yields 3 servings
Preparation time ca. 1 hour
Bookmark/Search this post with