Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Potatoes, cooked in butter until golden brown. See notes below for Rosemary Potatoes.
- 1 lb / 500g small potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup / 60ml water
- salt to taste
- Set heavy saucepan on medium heat. Add butter and potatoes. Cook on medium heat until butter and potatoes are golden brown.
- Add water, cover, reduce heat and cook until potatoes are almost done (depending on the size of the potatoes, ca. 20min). Check done-ness with fork. Add water if evaporated before the potatoes are done.
- Remove cover, cook on medium heat until water has evaporated.
- Season with salt to taste
- To make rosemary potatoes, add 1/2 tsp of rosemary to the butter and potatoes.
Time to prepare: ca. 30min
Yields 2-4 servings
Bookmark/Search this post with