Printer-friendly versionPDF version
On today's shopping excursion I found nice chanterelle mushrooms, so here is a recipe for pork tenderloins with chanterelles in cream sauce.
- 2 pork tenderloins (pork fillets), ca 1lb / 450g each
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 ½ lbs / 750g chanterelle and/or other mushrooms, cleaned and cut into large pieces of roughly equal size
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 3 tbsp whipping cream
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a mortar puree 1 clove of garlic with 1 tsp of coarse salt
- Rub pork tenderloins with garlic puree and season with freshly ground pepper. Truss back the thin end of each tenderloin to make a piece of meat of equal thickness.
- Set a heavy, oven-proof pan, over medium-high heat. Add oil and sear the tenderloin from all sides until nicely browned. Remove tenderloins from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tbsp of butter, add onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add chopped garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Add chanterelle mushrooms and salt and cook for about 10 minutes. Do not cover.
- Add white wine and tenderloins. Transfer pan to preheated oven.
- Cook until tenderloins are firm to the touch, ca. 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Wrap tenderloins in aluminum foil and set aside.
- Over low-to-medium heat, cook mushrooms until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in sour cream, whipping cream and butter. Add chopped parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut tenderloins into thick slices. Serve with the chanterelles and the cream sauce. Garnish with parsley (optional)
- This dish goes very well with pappardelle pasta
Yields 4-6 servings
Bookmark/Search this post with