Printer-friendly versionPDF version
One of my favorite childhood salads in Germany was Feldsalat (Lamb's lettuce or mâche) with my Mom's wonderful jogurt dressing. I was really delighted, when I discovered a reliable source for mâche here in California.
Here is the recipe for the dressing and the salad:
- ½ lb / 250g mâche / lamb's lettuce, cleaned
- ½ cup / 125ml yogurt or kefir
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp creamed horseradish
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- ½ tbsp chives, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- radish as garnish (optional)
- Combine yogurt or kefir, garlic, mustard, horseradish, salt, sugar, olive oil, and vinegar. Mix well.
- Stir in parsley and chives and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Toss lamb's lettuce with dressing. Serve.
- Optional: Thinly slice radishes and use as garnish.
Bookmark/Search this post with