Printer-friendly versionPDF version
On hot days, I like to experiment with salads. In my recipe, Opah fillets are served on a bed of Mâche (lamb's lettuce) with a cooked dressing made with onion, carrot, ginger and garlic. Simple, elegant, tasty.
- 1½ lbs / 750g Opah (Sunfish) fillets. Any other firm-cooking flavorful fish will work, too.
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 oz / 125g mâche (Lamb's Lettuce)
- 3 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 tbsp finely chopped carrot
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup / 125ml chicken stock
- ¾ cup / 175ml dry white wine
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp high-quality vinegar
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cherry tomatoes and slices of lemon as garnish
- Sprinkle the fish fillets with lemon juice.
- Set heavy saute pan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onion, carrot, ginger and salt. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, do not brown.
- Reduce heat. Add garlic, cook for a few minutes. Do not brown.
- Add chicken stock, white wine and cayenne pepper. Add the fish, cover partially and cook until the fish is done (ca. 10 minutes).
- Remove fish from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Turn off heat. Stir in sour cream, add the vinegar. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. This is the dressing.
- Toss the mâche with the dressing. Serve the fish on top of the lukewarm salad. Garnish with lemon and tomato slices.
Preparation time ca. 45 minutes.
Yields 4 servings
Bookmark/Search this post with