Printer-friendly versionPDF version
This recipe for grilled Feta cheese is simple and fast to prepare.
- 1 lb Feta cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of dry white wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- pinch of dried tarragon (optional, to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Set oven-proof pan on medium heat. Cook the garlic and the rosemary in the olive oil until the garlic is soft but not browned
- Add oregano, thyme, sage and tarragon. Add white wine and cook for a few more minutes on medium heat to reduce.
- Turn off heat. Put the feta cheese in the pan and spoon some of the wine-herb mixture on top.
- Top each cheese block with a tablespoon of sour cream and sprinkle with dried paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Broil until lightly browned. Sprinkle with black pepper. Serve hot.
Yields 4 servings
Preparation time: ca. 30min
Bookmark/Search this post with