Printer-friendly versionPDF version
A very nice and flavorful vegetarian soup: Roasted bell peppers with onion, garlic, Tequila, sour cream and a bit of cayenne pepper.
- 6 bell peppers (3 red, 3 yellow)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup / 120ml Tequila
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- ¾ cup / 180ml sour cream
- ¼ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp tequila
- salt to taste
- ca. 1 cup water
- Roast the bell peppers. Place on a baking sheet. Place under a broiler and turn occasionally until charred and black on all sides. Remove from oven, put into plastic bag and let steam for about 10 minutes.
- Now the peppers should be easy to peel. Remove peel and all seeds. Set aside.
- Set heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Melt butter and add olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and salt. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, cook until lightly browned. Add ½ cup of tequila, chili power and cayenne pepper. Reduce heat, simmer partially covered until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add roasted and peeled bell peppers and cilantro. Puree with stick blender until smooth.
- Whisk in sour cream. Adjust seasoning with salt. Stir in 1 tbsp of Tequila.
- Add 1 cup of water to adjust consistency.
Yields 4-6 servings
Preparation time ca. 1 hour
Bookmark/Search this post with