Printer-friendly versionPDF version
A quick and simple stir-fry of fish and vegetables served with a sesame oil and vinegar dressing.
- 1.5 lb / 700g of firm-cooking fish fillets (Opah, Monkfish, etc.), cut into 1 in / 2.5cm cubes
- juice of ½ lemon
- freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ca. ¼ cup / 60ml vegetable oil
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and cut into strips
- 1 lb / 500g green asparagus, bottom thirds removed, cut into 2 in / 5cm pieces.
- 5-6 green onions, cut into 2 in / 5cm strips
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Sprinkle fish with lemon juice, garlic powder and freshly ground pepper.
- Set wok (or heavy pan over high heat). Add oil.
- Stir-fry the asparagus until done. Set aside, keep warm.
- Stir-fry the bell peppers. Set aside, keep warm.
- Stir-fry the green onions. Set aside, keep warm.
- Add more oil if necessary. Stir-fry the fish cubes until golden brown on all sides and fully cooked. Set aside, keep warm.
- Reduce heat to low. Cook garlic until softened. Do not brown. Add cooked garlic to the vegetables.
- Toss vegetables with sesame oil and vinegar. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Season fish cubes with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve fish together with the vegetables.
Yields 3-4 servings
Preparation time ca. 30-45 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with