Printer-friendly versionPDF version
A nice mushroom and spinach sauce with a mild blue cheese flavor. Fast to prepare, ideal for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb / 450g small brown mushrooms
- 2 oz / 60g mild creamy blue cheese, rind removed
- 1/8 tsp dried tarragon
- ¼ cup / 60ml dry white wine
- handful of spinach leaves (2-3 oz / 60-90g) cut into fine shreds
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup / 120ml sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- A few drops of white truffle oil
- Set heavy pan over medium heat. Add olive oil and chopped onion. Cook for a few minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes until softened. Do not brown.
- Add mushrooms and salt. Turn up heat. Cook for a few minutes. Add white wine and tarragon.
- Cook until liquid has almost evaporated. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in sour cream. Carefully stir in blue cheese.
- Add cayenne pepper. Adjust seasoning with black pepper and salt. Stir in white truffle oil.
- Stir in spinach. Cook for a few more minutes on low heat.
Serve over linguine pasta, ca 1lb / 450g of pasta yield 4 servings.
Preparation time: 45-60 minutes.
Bookmark/Search this post with