Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Cod fillets, topped with a mixture of diced bacon, finely chopped mushrooms, spinach and garlic. The mild bacon flavors blend very well with the garlic, spinach, tomato and the fish. The dish is very easy and fast to prepare.
- 6 cod fillets
- juice of one lemon
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz / 90g bacon, finely diced
- 5 oz / 150g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- generous handful of spinach leaves, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- ¾ cup / 180ml dry white wine
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 lemon, cut into thin slices (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180° C
- Sprinkle the cod fillets with lemon juice and freshly ground pepper
- Set heavy ovenproof pan over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until lightly browned. Remove excess fat.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Add garlic and salt, cook for another few minutes.
- Remove the mushroom-and-bacon mixture from pan, put in a container and stir in spinach shreds.
- Add white wine to the pan and bring to a boil
- Return cod fillets to the pan. Top with tomatoes and the mushroom, bacon and spinach mixture. Put in the oven.
- Cook until the fish is done, ca 25-30 minutes.
- Carefully place the fish fillets on plates. Add chives to the liquid in the pan and spoon over the fillets.
Goes very well with pasta
Yield: 6 servings
Preparation time: ca. 1 hour
Bookmark/Search this post with