Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Burgers made from lamb meat with a feta cheese and garlic dressing. Inspired by Mediterranean flavors, fast and simple to prepare.
For the burgers
- 1 lb 2 oz / 500g ground lamb meat (leg of lamb, see Notes)
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp rosemary, finely ground
- 1 tbsp oil
For the dressing
- 1 oz / 30g feta cheese
- ¼ garlic clove
- ½ cup / 120ml sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix together ground lamb meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary. Shape 4-5 burger patties, ca. 3/4in / 2cm thick.
- Blend together feta cheese, garlic, sour cream and salt.
- Set fry pan over medium-high heat, add vegetable oil.
- Cook burgers 5 minutes per side.
- Spoon feta dressing over burgers (see notes and photo for serving suggestion)
- I always grind the meat myself; I just don't trust ground meat from the store. For that I use a powerful 14-cup food processor. I find it much easier to clean (just put it in the dishwasher) than my meat grinder and works quite well if the blade is sharp and the meat cold. With the food processor there is no need to chop the onion and garlic by hand. Just throw it before the and let the machine do its work.
- Serving suggestion: serve with sauteed green beans. Garnish with ground sumac berries - they are for example available from Penzey's Spices.
Yields 3-4 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Bookmark/Search this post with