Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Garlic, butter, sesame oil, spinach and black mushrooms give this chicken noodle salad a unique flavor. It can be prepared in advance, refrigerated and served cold or it can be served lukewarm right away.
- 5 oz / 150g dried rice noodles
- 2 oz / 60g dried black mushrooms
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 5 oz / 150g fresh spinach leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ca. 2 tbsp vinegar
- ½ tbsp black sesame seed
- salt, pepper, vinegar and sesame oil to taste
- Soak black mushrooms in warm water (ca. 10-15 minutes). Drain.
- Boil rice noodles in salt water according to instructions. Drain, rinse, set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, set pan over medium-high heat. Fry chicken thighs, skin-down first, turn. Reduce heat, cook until done (ca. 20 minutes), turn from time to time.
- While the chicken is cooking, set pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter and add the sesame oil. Add the black mushrooms and saute until soft (ca. 10 minutes.). Add garlic, spinach, salt, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce and 1 tbsp sherry. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vinegar and toss with noodles.
- When chicken is done, remove from pan, add 1 tbsp of the chicken fat to the noodles, discard remaining fat, deglaze pan with 1 tbsp sherry and ca. 2 tbsp water. Add to noodles.
- Remove chicken meat from the bones, slice meat and add to the salad.
- Add sesame seeds. Toss.
- Adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, vinegar and sesame oil.
- Serve right away lukewarm or refrigerate and serve later. Add more liquid (water, vinegar) when refrigerating overnight and check seasoning again before serving.
Preparation time ca. 1 hour
Yields 4-6 servings.
Bookmark/Search this post with