Printer-friendly versionPDF version
A nice and light Italian-inspired seafood dish. Scallops, prawns and baby octopuses in a white wine sauce served over pasta.
- 1/2 lb head-off, tail-on raw shrimp
- 1/2 lb baby octopuses, cleaned
- 1/2 lb sea scallops
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp bacon, cut into fine cubes
- 1/8 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped (substitute with dried dill weed if fresh dill is not available)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- fresh dill to garnish (optional)
- Over medium-high heat, render bacon in heavy pan until lightly browned. Add olive oil and butter.
- Cook scallops in small batches and cook until lightly browned on both sides(1-2min). Remove and set aside. Do not overcook!
- Cook octopuses in small batches and cook for ca. 1min. Remove and set aside. Do not overcook!
- Cook shrimp in small batches and cook on both sides until they just loose their gray color (ca. 1-2min total). Remove and set aside. Do not overcook!
- Add onions, cook until translucent and soft.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute. Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes, cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add white wine and a little freshly ground pepper. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Add dill, and milk, cook for another few minutes
- Reduce heat to low, season with salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add back the seafood to heat it up again. Make sure to not overcook the seafood.
- Serve over pasta (linguine), garnish with fresh dill.
Yields 3-4 servings
Preparation time 30-40min
Bookmark/Search this post with