Printer-friendly versionPDF version
Beef cooked with sauerkraut and white wine and served over pasta. In the pressure cooker it takes only 20-25 minutes for the beef to become nice and tender.
- 1½ lb / 750g beef chuck, cut into 1 in / 2.5cm cubes
- 1 turnip, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 oz / 60g bacon, cut into small cubes
- 1 lb / 500g sauerkraut
- 2/3 cup / 175ml white wine
- ½ cup / 120ml sour cream
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 lb / 500g pasta
- Set pressure cooker over high heat. Add oil, beef and caraway seeds. Brown meat from all sides. Remove meat from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Cook onions, turnip and bacon until the onions just start to brown.
- Return meat to pan. Add sauerkraut, white wine and salt. Cook with high pressure for ca. 25 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, boil pasta per instructions
- Release pressure. Stir in sour cream. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve over the pasta.
Yields 4-6 servings
Preparation time ca. 1 hour
Bookmark/Search this post with